How to make an agile team works?
Are your teams keeping up in a fast-paced, globalized and virtual world?
How Sociomapping helps
In general, sociomapping enables the agility to happen. It speeds up the process of building the trust and professional reliance with simple and straightforward questions on mutual knowledge, expectations, dependency or quality so that the team can instantly reflect what works well and adjust their modus operandi before the next stand-up.
Agile coaches and their squads use sociomapping in particular during the following situations:
- Ceremonies: facilitating the agile ceremonies effectively – Retrospective, Reviews or Back-log prioritization
- Capacity: Managing interdependencies and capacity and distributing the back-log more equally
- New team: Setting up a new agile team with clear responsibilities, roles
- Regular team health checks
- Trust: Developing trust and reliability among team members faster
- CX (Customer experience): Increasing the involvement of the business and enhancing the customer experience
Case study: Comparison of agile vs. waterfall project team (Banking)
The visualization through sociomaps shows how big a difference there is between an agile and regular project team. Typically agile teams are much more connected with the business – the product owner is much closer to the team and communicates more in general (see picture on the right).
Communication, interdependencies, and importance are more evenly distributed in the whole team and within all team members. Such a picture is very common across the industries and supports the team to reflect the need to get the business closer to their solutions.
Sociomapping helps not only to see and reflect the status and health of the agile teams but it also helps bring together and align business and IT.
The height represents how much each person interact with the team on average. The relative positions reflect people’s communication: the closer they are, the more often they communicate with each other.
Do you want to develop your team effectiveness?
Get in touch with us and find out more details about sociomapping programs for your company.